Love me? Bacon me!

Love me? Bacon me!

Think about that savory, irresistible, mouth watering, goody goodness we call bacon ... Now think about your favorite food ... Now wrap that food in bacon! Sounds pretty amazing, right?

Now, I'm not here to claim I'm starting anything new or trying anything that probably hasn't been tried before. I'm just here to wrap stuff in bacon, take a picture of it, post about it, and share the wonderful joys of living in a bacon loving country!

I am American! Americans love bacon! Let's go be patriotic!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Pizza Rolls ... Pillows of Love!


What is one of your favorite foods? Is it pizza? I'm sure most people think that there's no way to make pizza even better but they're wrong! What do we do? Wrap it in bacon, of course!

I wasn't sure how to go about doing this so I tried it two ways. Cooked half of the pizza rolls first and left the other half frozen. Both ways, success! Now, my number one suggestion is to let them sit and cool after they come out of the broiler because any impatient pizza roll eater knows you will burn your mouth on that delicious filling when it bursts out of the sides. (Yes, I made that mistake. I was just too excited to try them.) And once you let them sit, all the flavors seem to come out more too. You can really taste the bacon versus the pizza roll that way.

When picking out the pizza rolls, I went with the only option I thought fitting ... three meat! The bacon was just regular sliced, regular flavor. I think if I did this again, I would go with thick sliced bacon just to have more of a bacon flavor.

Frozen vs Precooked: Both were successful. There were no cold spots with the frozen ones, nothing burnt with the precooked ones. Definite personal preference. The frozen ones were softer and the precooked ones had a little bit of a crunch. I guess comparable to microwaving pizza rolls vs baking them.

All in all, I would say these are pillows of deliciousness! If you love pizza rolls and bacon, why not combine them? It would make for something fun and different during get-togethers. Easy to transport plus, football season is coming up. Have patience and want to get really crafty? Turn these into little footballs. Get thick shredded mozzarella cheese and make laces on top of the rolls ... or if you have a piping bag and a fine tip, you could probably use cream cheese to make "laces". Whichever option, make sure they're cooled down first so your cheese doesn't just melt into an unrecognizable line. :)

Whether for yourself or for a party .. just wrapped or turned into little footballs ..  whatever you do, go out and enjoy some bacon!

Left: frozen; Right: precooked

No comments:

Post a Comment